Sunday, March 23, 2008

Wicked-good weekend








This weekend really was pretty wicked. My friend Christy and I hit the beach, and then wandered the island for a while, looking for the next coolest thing. At Sunset beach, I enjoyed the ocean for the first time since I got here, and we even met a sea turtle! We took time to build a sand whale too which was fun. Humpbacks migrate through Hawaii this time of year, so it seemed only fitting to honor them through sand sculpture. After the beach we picked up some chocolate hapia (coconut) pie from Ted's bakery - crazy good! A friend had told us about a neat lookout point over Waimea bay, and luckily we ended up finding the place. During the short walk to the point, a full rainbow spanned the sky, and in those few seconds, we caught it on camera. We had a blast to say the least, and I look forward to what next weekend will bring!

No comments: