Sunday, March 9, 2008

The weekly Sum

What a week! I wasn't sure I'd survive it all, but luckily, I made it out just fine. Our ward held a hoedown on Monday night complete with fried chicken and line dancing. It was a blast and I'm glad I was wrangled into going. I had planned to spend that entire night in the library studying for midterms, but an old MTC friend of mine convinced me to attend. I met some of the people in my ward who had been nameless to me prior to that night and we all had a good time.
Tuesday was packed mostly with studying, and Wednesday I took my math midterm. By Thursday, I was beginning to get a little nervous about my chemistry exam, so with the math exam passed, I focused all my studies on molar conversions and polyatomic ions. Between 19 hours of work and all of my classes, I somehow managed to squeeze in time for a rehearsal of my talent show number "Fever" which I performed Friday night. The talent show was a blast and I was impressed with the quality of the acts that performed. They were all very very good. The rush of performing on stage again was great, but what I did Saturday was even more thrilling. Eight of my friends and I finally coordinated and went skydiving! I jumped out of the plane with my tandem at 14,300 ft elevation. We fell at 130 mph, then accelerated to 150mph before opening the parachute. The free fall lasted about 1 minute and the memory of it will last a lifetime. It has certainly been a great week!

3 comments:

Molly said...

I love to read about your fun and busy life!! Now post some pics for us to see!

Molly said...

Kent- I love you! have a great week!!

Anonymous said...

Kent! Great blog!

But WHOA. Skydiving??? All I have to say is:

:0

Scary!!! I can barely handle cliffjumping from 60 ft...!